Total Pageviews

Monday, August 5, 2013

New PS3! Checkout the Crystal White PS3.



Crystal White Playstation 3
New PS3 to replace my old, broken 40GB



So, as some of you may know, from an earlier posting, my old 40GB PS3 is dead. It was a great five year run. I will remember the great games it afforded me the pleasure of enjoying. But, yesterday I acquired a brand new crystal white PS3, though, as someone pointed out to me, I'm not sure why it's called "crystal"white? Any ways, I just wanted to show off some picks, is all. Hope you enjoy. The only problems I have had, thus far, are with the fact that I will not be able to recover any of my save files and that I have to re-download what I did have on my console that malfunctioned. It is a huge bummer. Sucking the life right out of me. But, I look at it from the perspective that now I will have a motivation to replay some of my more "classic"games.

Crystal White PlayStation 3

Classic White PlayStation 3 Controller
 This particular Bundle comes packaged with a 1 year subscription to PlayStation Plus. So, I can now cloud save my save games in the future. The instant game collection as advertised on the front slips and facade of the packaging, has seen some alteration, the games on offer have been switched out on the PSN store. Though, this doesn't mean that you won't get any instant games in your collection. Battlefield 3 and Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD are currently available among other titles, such as Saints Row The Third.


Limited Edition Crystal White PS3 Instant Collection Bundle
 The console build on the dubbed:"super slim"PS3, is not half as bad as I had heard/read. It "seems" as though people are prone to a fit of hyperbole from time to time, maybe....Yes, and the rumors of horse snarling, jet plane exhausting noise from its fans and general use, is just ridiculous. The newer slim model ,from what I have heard so far, is about as quiet as possible--I had to double check that it was on. It is also less of a gas guzzler, unlike my 40GB model. Which in comparison to the regular slim models, isn't significant but still in an overall comparison, among all models it is the most energy efficient. "What about the cheap plastic tray", you say. Well, I say if a disc ever needs to be removed from a defective unit just slide it open and there. Also, while it does feel a bit cheap, I think-- with proper care-- it might just prove possible to overlook as it doesn't seem to be as outright flimsy as portrayed.
40GB PlayStation 3
Goodbye. This console lasted five good years.


Crystal White PlayStation 3
 The only issue with the white finish is that it collects dirt quite easily. Though, there is no shortage of jubilee for how effectively the crystal white PS3 matches my  white PS Vita. I'm not usually one to care about coordination and matching colors, but, hey, it works out.


I'm gonna enjoy some of these instant games a little later, Battlefield 3 in particular.
Crystal White PS3 Instant Game Collection Bundle

Crystal White PS3 Instant Game Collection Bundle
 I will say, the controller reminds my of the classic PSOne controllers. This is a bit of nostalgia that is greatly appreciated. All-in-all, a smaller more energy efficient model of the PS3.
Classic White PlayStation 3 Controller
PSOne~trip.

Thanks for reading and viewing. If you have any thoughts, concerns, questions, etc., let me know. You can reach me on as well as through email, the comments section, and Google +. Twitter: @TheVauntedGamer . Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment